As a nutritionist, I’m frequently asked questions about diet. With so much information out there on what to eat and what not to eat, it’s easy to get caught up in gimmicks that preach fast, easy weight loss. Is there a quick fix pill out there that will make you drop the pounds instantly with no work? I sure haven’t found it yet, but I will tell you that watching what you eat and keeping an active lifestyle are sure-fire ways to get, or stay, in shape.
Are you guilty of saying this?
- Just tell me what to eat so I can lose weight
- My genes make me fat
- Does eating fat make me fat?
- How many times per day should I eat?
- I don’t have time to cook all this fancy organic healthy stuff
- Why can my friend eat whatever they want and never get fat?
- How long should I wait to go swimming after I eat?
- Every time I lose a little weight I gain it and more back faster than I lost it.
- I just can’t resist sweets
- Are any of those gimmicks I see online or on TV really going to help me be healthier?
Sarah oversees social media and internal communication for Iron Tribe Fitness. Her goal is to share the mission of Iron Tribe so others can be transformed by the program, and ultimately become the healthiest version of themselves.