We’re more than half-way through 2020 and chances are almost all of your goals have been impacted by COVID-19. This year has kept us all on our toes, glued to our phones and social media in search of the latest news break or update. While hardships and uncertainty seem rampant, there is a silver lining to the turbulence.
This time presents a great opportunity for growth.
Think about the last movie you saw. The main character was likely in a tough situation, faced with some seemingly impossible battle to fight.
Now think about where you are right now. What’s your battle? What’s your mountain? This is the time to grow and lean into your fears.
Here are a few ways to begin chipping away at 2020 and turn it into a pivotal year for growth:
- Identify your battles. This might seem obvious, but it’s an often-overlooked step of the growth process. Grab a pen and paper (the act of physically writing will be more powerful than using a computer — trust us) and jot down what you’re most worried or stressed about right now. Is it money? Is it your marriage? Is it your health? Identify it, name it.
- Write down what you can do today to spark change. This doesn’t have to be big. It could be as simple as “text my coach and set up a consultation to go over my weight.” Or, “look at my bank account to see how much money I have right now.” What are the small things you can do today that’ll begin to expose truths and give you a clearer vision of where you need to go?
- Tell someone about your goals and ask them to hold you accountable. Identify someone you trust and respect, and let them know about your intents and goals. Ask them to check in on you along the way to make sure you’re progressing. (If you’re a member of Iron Tribe, your coach is a great person for this! Send them screenshots of your nutrition and photos of your smart watch — whatever it takes to stay accountable!)
- Find the time to work on your goals. This could be waking up an hour earlier every day to get in the workout or go over finances. Or, it could mean ending obligations that waste time and don’t get you closer to your goals. Whatever you have to do, make sure you have designated time in your schedule to achieve the things you so desperately want.
- Track and measure your progress. It’s great to have goals and plans in place, but if you’re not following up and checking in on yourself, it’s easy for these dreams to stay just that — dreams. Make your dreams reality by setting benchmarks and milestones along the way.
We know you’re capable of achieving great things this year — even if it’s just maintaining the progress you’ve already made. Make 2020 a win — not matter what!
Our coaches love to share insider information with you! From fitness tips to nutritional guidance, Iron Tribe coaches are here to help you become the best version of yourself.